Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Catch a Wave - Sidewalk Surfin Triathlon

This morning my sister said she wanted to do a mini beach triathlon.  She had in mind a 5k run, 5k bike ride and a pool swim.  We upped the swim to a sound splash.  Of course it was so shallow that I was either dragging my bum doing the back stroke or hitting my knees with the breast stroke.  But we had fun and my body is now very relaxed!

She thought the street name was perfect!

It is a sunny day down here and she was making me laugh.
This is a pre-run shot.

Every now and then you take an action shot you never intended to take,
but you really like it! This is one of those!

Out on the bikes with my sister.

"Movin' right along.
Footloose and fancy-free.
Getting there is half the fun; come share it with me."
So where are the swim pictures?  Well we did not have a photographer with us and I was not taking the camera out there...so no sound pictures.  We had a crazy fun swim.  My sister was very skittish about the crunchy bottom and the crabs having had a bad experience in the past.  I was determined to actually swim even if it was incredibly shallow.  I don't know if it ever got deeper.  I turned around after a while and swam back in as far as I could until I was forced to walk again...Triathlon completed!  Why the name?  Well that was the song bits that just kept repeating in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment