Sunday, December 30, 2018

Change is good

As we close out 2018 I thought hey why not look back a bit at when I was a "blogger"! My life seems to be busier now and I am much more a "micro-blogger" these days sticking to the social media shares and focusing on my family and #GoAchilles friends.

Change is good! You don't always know how big a step you are taking until long after you've taken it and you turn to look back.  Such is my experience with becoming a running guide for other athletes.  At first I was guiding for athletes I had just meet. Their needs and preferences were learned in the hours before the race. Little did I know that within a year I would be paired up with a local athlete and the scale of the races would go way up (like 6 marathons guided in one year - NYC, WDW, LA, Providence, Chicago, NYC).  Even guiding a single one had been previously unthinkable.  I shared that little truth around mile 22 once I know we were going to reach the finish line and I let my mind drift to happy thoughts...completing the previously thought impossible task!

So now we are on to 2019! The race schedule is not completely filled. I'm hoping for new regional race experiences.  The addition of new visually impaired race categories proves to be a draw in race selection.  The year is starting off with a bit of Walt Disney World fun at WDW Marathon weekend.  I'll be sporting my guide shirt, but a quick hello and way to go are always welcome.  See you real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment